(Disclaimer: this post is significantly less serious than the last few posts I’ve done here . . . )
New Year’s Resolutions. People love them and hate them. Some people embrace them as a way to start over. Others shun them and say they’re dumb. Still others want to make them, but know that they’ll fail and feel even worse about themselves than they did before.
Me? I’ve never really been the New Year Resolution type. Sure, I have goals and resolutions, but I’d be just as apt to start them on October 19th as on January 1st.
This year, though, I decided I’d try it out–all the other cool kids are doing it.
So, without further ado, I present to you my Resolutions of 2011.
- I will not get killed by giant turtles
- I will sing louder
- I will remember to brush my teeth with the bristly end of the toothbrush
- I will wear shoes more often (the “more often” leaves things open-ended..it’s all relative, you see)
- I will check my email
- I will not put table knives into outlets
- I will give at least 4 hugs
- I will drive on the correct side of the road (even though that’s more boring)
- I will aim for at least 1.3 push-ups a day
- I will not use “password” or “hello” for all of my passwords
I’ll check back in with you next January to let you know how things went this year!
What are your New Year Resolutions?