I woke up this morning and thought “ugh.”
And then I thought “that’s not a good attitude to wake up with.”
So then I went back to sleep so that I could have a second chance. It was important to me.
A while later I woke up again and thought “ugh.”
It was just one of those mornings.
But, I’m happy to say that I did get a heart-felt smile on my face, climb out of bed, wave at the sun just peeking over the horizon, dash my hair into a pony-tail, and had a very sweet time with the King of kings. And I did not think “ugh” anymore.
None of that is what I intended to come write about today, though.
I actually wanted to come and give you some important things to remember in life that I have learned this week:
1. Do not go to the gym at 10:00pm.
You may find yourself trying to dodge the chappy who keeps waving you down to get you to take your earbuds out so that he can tell you random things. And then he may even get really emotional on you and tell you that it just means so much to him that you and he are at the gym at the same time! Yes, sir, we are. There are also times when you’re at the grocery store at the same time as other people–does that mean a lot to you, too, and make you believe that it “must be fate!”…hmm?
2. Don’t take your blog stats seriously. Particularly the “Search Engine Terms” one.
Someone searched and found my blog by typing the following statement into a search engine: “Grace, you are the one I love!”
Dude, why didn’t you comment, then?
Also, in previous months, people have found my blog by searching the following things (and this is just a small handful):
peanut butter tastes like flowers
letter and mailbox from a beautiful mind
циферблат часов (and many other such ones as this)
sad woman on sunset beach photos
i need a miracle prayer for money (don’t we all?)
ye shall laugh
africa chizl socks movies (??)
does the coffee shop in frazier really exist
why norway called dreamland? (I’ve long wondered that myself…)
visit grace’s blog at http://www.acrossfields.wordpress.com (ah! Finally! A legitimate one!)
3. Be careful about looking at the cars parked next to you at red lights when they jerk forward a little bit while stopped.
The chappy sitting in the car may go ballistic at you and start screaming and hollering and making all manner of hand gestures, and may possibly even try to hold you up at gun-point. Just sayin’…
4. When trying to bless your brothers by buying them ice cream while you’re at the store, check first to make sure they haven’t already gotten ice cream for themselves.
Because you may end up eating extra…which then would necessitate even more time at the gym. Which then brings us back to point 1.
5. If you are at all OCD about the specificness of numbers, be sure to check your blog post numbers when you’re getting close to a Big Important Number.
Because if you don’t, you may end up having a Big Important Number of blog post (like, your 1,111th blog post, or something) be about elbows. Ask me how I know this.
6. Do not go out in public when you have not had enough sleep.
Just…call your sister, instead. She’ll understand. And laugh in your face.
7. Don’t believe every sob story the chappy at the drive-thru window of McDonalds tells you.
I still don’t know whether I should’ve believed the fellow or not, but the sob story he pulled out was a pretty sketchy one, Dad said. And if I had believed him, and taken pity on him, and he wasn’t actually in the predicament he said he was in…well, he would’ve definitely gotten the better end of the deal. Oh, to be able to believe what people tell you!